Frequently Asked QuestionsWhy should I use a professional company instead of trying to control pests in my home myself?
Just as you wouldn't prescribe medicine for yourself or drill your own cavities, you shouldn't attempt to control termites or other pests on your own. The products and the expertise offered by Get-em Pest Control far surpasses what a homeowner could do on their own. Leave it up to the experts for peace of mind. It's not worth the risk.
Here are some of the things you can do inside of my house to keep pests away:
- Keep all kitchen areas clean (including floors) and free of useless clutter. Kitchen appliances should be kept free of spills and crumbs. Clean shelves regularly and store foods such as cereal, flour, and dog food in airtight containers.
- Keep garbage areas clean. Garbage should be stored in sealed containers and disposed of regularly.
- Check pipes and pipe areas around the house for leaks, cracks and gaps and seal and patch any problems if necessary. Leaky faucets should also be fixed.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. If you have mold and mildew in your home or office crawlspace, it's a symptom of an excess moisture problem.
- Inspect boxes, grocery bags and other packaging you bring into your home thoroughly. Insects have also been known to come in on potted plants and in luggage.
Here are some of the things you can do outside of your house to keep pests away.
- Inspect and seal any cracks and holes outside your home. Make sure vents are screened and gaps around windows and doors are sealed.
- Check around the perimeter of your home for leaky faucets and anything that allows moisture to pool around the base of your home.
- Eliminate debris from gutters.
- Trim tree branches and shrubbery around your home, especially if they are touching the building.
- Store firewood and other wood at least 20 feet away from your home.
Carpenter ants aren't merely a nuisance they pose a serious structural threat to your home which needs to be addressed quickly. If the weather is mild and you happen to see one every few days, further inspection may be necessary. Seeing several daily is cause for concern and treatment maybe necessary.
Safety is our top priority. All of our service professionals have been trained on the proper application of materials to ensure a safe and healthy environment for your family and pets. All professional pest control products we use have been registered for use by the United States EPA.